Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What Happened?

Author's Note: In this post, I wrote about a question that has coursed through my mind for a long time now. What happened? We have all asked ourselves this at one time or another so I tried to make this relatable. For the poem's structure, I mainly tried to use repetition for effect. I also used similar, yet not exact, stanza structure.

What happened
To the good times we shared
To the laughing and the crying
To the memories and dreams?

What happened
To the breeze across our face
To the grass caressing our skin
To the sun burning our nose?

What happened
To the games that we played
To the talks that we had
To the jokes that we made?

What happened
To the love that we shared
To the happiness we had
To the feelings which we showed?

What happened
To Life as we know it
To the Truth in our lives
To the thing known as Us?

What happened?

7 comments:

  1. I think this totally works. The repetition is a basic concept, but really is used appropriately. The fact that you included the intent in your author's note also helped me as a reader to understand your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great yet sad poem. It makes me think of losing a great friend, but it be helpful if you included more info. in your author's note. I liked the repetition of it and the way you ended with a question, like your not done pondering yet. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you are saying by adding more information into the Author's Note but I want to leave it just the way it is. Sure I wrote this poem because this is what I felt but I also want this poem to be filled by the Reader's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the repetition you used in this piece, it makes it very understandable to the reader, and a pleasure to read, where did you get your inspiration from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this poem. It's so easy to relate to and the repetition is great too. The structure of the stanzas also added great emphasis to the feel of the poem. I really enjoyed this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poem really touches somewhere that we don't seem to put much attention on. I can sense that you really are longing to know what happened with what seems like innocence. The repetition added a great affect with all the describing of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you added your like goals for the piece in your author's note. Also this piece was really easy to relate to, so good job. You had a lot of really true points or questions too.

    ReplyDelete