Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Too Perfect

Author's Note: This is an existential poem which I wrote in response to the Truman Show. I know that the syntax isn't perfect but that was kind of the point.

Life, so perfect
too perfect

An unrealistic reality
seeming to be genuine
yet seems so artificial

The people, so kind
too kind

Their ear-to-ear smiles
beaming at me with welcome
yet with a hint of strain

The world, so beautiful
too beautiful

The environment around me
so unbelievably admirable
yet seems so masterfully created

Myself, so praised
too praised

Attention from everyone
so very convenient
yet seems so intentional

Everything, so perfect
too perfect

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this piece. I also liked how you repeated yourself, but didn't overdo it. I think when you repeat yourself sometimes, it doesn't turn out well at all but in this one, it really worked. I also liked the idea of his life being too good to be true. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete