Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ryan's Thoughts #1: Is Mr. Rogers Being a Good Neighbor? Well You Think So Because That's What He Says

Author's Note: Hi, in my brain many things go on. To the average person they would not make sense. Usually they don't even make sense to me. But anyways I was thinking that it would be fun to blog about what I am thinking. So, here it goes. My first ever edition of Ryan's Thoughts...

When we all grew up, we did four things. Eat, sleep, dispose of "waste", and watch Disney movies/PBS. The first three were very essential things. Yet as it turns out the last one seems to be quite important. I mean we learn life lessons with those shows. For example, Mr. Rogers shows us how to be nice and other cool things like a slide whistle. That Count Dracula guy from Sesame Street taught us how to count. With Bambi, I honestly don't exactly know what it taught me but I do know it taught me something. This isn't PBS or Disney, but for me, I got good at math from playing Yu Gi Oh cards. Sad but true. Can you see how all these things are important in life?

Now, that was only half of what I was thinking. My messed up, slightly psycopathic brain turned that into this...

I was thinking that if they were teaching children things, wouldn't they be able to mold there brains into what Disney or PBS wanted them to be. In an odd way they are both almost as powerful as the US Government. It is kind of creepy if you think about it.

So, that is my view on children's television and I would like to thank you for listening. Reading for that matter.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't this kind of scary but true? By the way, GO SESAME STREET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think it is really scary, but definately true. I learned so many things from Disney movies!

    ReplyDelete