Saturday, October 31, 2009

This Is It Movie Review

Author's Note: I have always been a fan of Michael Jackson's music, so I was intrigued to see this movie. Also, I knew that many people were kind of on the line on if they want to see "This is It" so I decided to write this movie review to give people a bit more background knowledge of the movie.

"This Is It" is a movie that is a tribute to the musical phenom Michael Jackson and his tour entitled "This Is It". The tour never happened due to Michael's death but there still was a good amount of film from the rehearsels.

My thoughts that it was an interesting thing to see because all we ever see are his music videos and songs. We never get to see what goes on behind the scenes and what goes into bringing each song to absolute perfection. I got a sense of appreciation for all of the hard work that happens.
This film also captures that attitudes and personalities of Michael and his co-workers. Michael is a complete perfectionist and he is very specific in how things are done, because he has a vision of what needs to happen. Kenny Ortega, the director of the feature and a big part in bringing the concert shows together, is a huge suck up and makes sure things are the way Michael wants it. It's actually quite comical.

Overall, I would say that the movie is a bit slow moving and repetitive, but is a great tribute and I would give it 2 1/2 stars out of 4. I recommend this movie to all lovers of Michael Jackson's music and all lovers of music.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I never was a real Michael JAckson fan, except perhaps when I was really little and he came out with his brothers as the Jackson 5. They were so cool then! There was even a Saturday morning cartoon show featuring the animated adventures of the Jackson 5. Wow, there's a flashback. Thanks for the review. You should look to writing for RottenTomato.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ryan for the review. a quick question why only four possible stars instead of 5?

    ReplyDelete